Musical Short CV of Peyman Nasehpour
Records, Speeches, Publications, Concerts (Sometimes w/Lectures) and Academic Activities
1.The audiobook, Mosht Bar Poust, the author of the book in Persian language: Mr. Houshang Moradi Kermani, the announcer: Mrs. Masoureh Shoja’i, Music: Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak), 1995.
2.The Radif repertoire of Mirza Abdollah, Dastgah-e-Shur, Performed by Shayda Ensemble, Conductor: Ostad M. R. Lotfi, Vocals: Ostad Nasrollah Nasehpoor, Distributed in USA, Europe and Iran, 1996.
Explanation: Peyman Nasehpour has accompanied Shayda Ensemble in this double CD album by tonbak for the remembrance of Ostad Dr. Noor Ali Boroumand.
3. Two short documentary films of tonbak solo and daf solo directed by Mr. Farshad Fadaian and performed by Peyman Nasehpour, Jun. 14th, 1998. Non-distributed.
4. Tonbak Solo for GDG CD Project, in 2002.
5. Ghaval Solo for Frames Without Borders (FDG Double CD), in 2002.
6. A part of the live tonbak solo, Broadcasted by Octagonal Madness (OM Radio) in 2003.
7. CD and cassette of Persian classical music, “Bidardelan”: Singer: Mohammad Molla Aghaie, Conductor: Majid Derakhshani.
1. Theoretical Old Persian Music, Shahid Beheshti Univ., 26.11.1996.
2. Igha’ (Old Persian Rhythms), Rasht Univ. 11.08.1997.
3. Northern Indian Music (Hindustani Sangeet), Nezami Ganjavi Hall in Tehran, Organized by NGO (Najva Canon, with the help of Mr. Vesal Arabzadeh), May 23rd, 2002.
1. Kari No Dar Arse-ye-Honar-e-Tonbak Navazi, Tchissta Magazine, No.10 12th year, Aug. 10th, 1995.
2. Ustad Vilayat Khan, Rayzan-e-Javan Newspaper, No.34, 1st year, Oct. 2nd, 1998.
3. With Siamak Sahafi, Vaz’iyat-e-Ejtema’i-ye-Tonbak Navazan, Farda-ye-Behtar Magazine, No.16, 2nd year, Oct. 22nd, 1999.
4. A Research for Different Names of Tonbak, 2000.
5. Different Names of Tonbak in Asia, North Africa and East Europe, 2000.
6. Tonbak Players of the Past, 2000.
7. Structure of Tonbak, 2000.
8. Composed Rhythms of Ostad Nasser Farhangfar, 2001.
9. Encyclopedia of Persian Percussion Instruments, 2001.
10. Ostad Latif Tahmasebi-zadeh, A Legendary Ghaval Player, 2001.
11. Ritmha-va-Shive-ye-Khas-se-Ostad Nasser-e-Farhangfar, Mahoor Music Quarterly, No. 10 Winter 2001.
12. Daf and Other Frame Drums in Asia, North Africa and East Europe, 2001.
13. Styles of Tonbak Playing in Classical Music of Persia, 2001.
14. Ghaval the Azerbaijani Frame Drum, 2001.
15. A Brief History of Tonbak, 2001.
16. Nam-ha-ye-Gunagun-e-Tonbak Dar Asia, Afrigha-ye-Shomali va Orupa-ye-Sharghi, Tchissta Magazine, No.10 18th year, July. 10th, 2001.
17. The Many Names of Doumbek, 2001.
18. Kettledrums of Iran and other countries, 2001.
19. With Matt Hannafin, Two Systems for Notating Rhythms Played on the Tombak (Zarb), 2002.
20. In Remembrance of Ostad Hosain Tehrani (1912-1974), 2002.
21. A Brief About Persian Dance, 2002.
22. Rhythmic Forms of Persian Art Music, 2002.
23. Sufi Rhythms for the Daf, 2002.
24. Internet-va-Musighi, Honar-e-Musighi (Mahnameh-ye-Farhangi-Honari-Ejtema’i), 5th year, No. 35, 2002.
25. With Juanjo Fernandez, On Spanish, Galician and Potuguese Frame Drums, 2002.
26. The Skin and Wood of the Tonbak, Ghaval and Daf, 2002.
27. Tonbak and Daf, the Two National Drums of Iran (Persia), 2003.
28. Notes on Strokes and Roll Techniques of the Tonbak (Ostad Farhangfar’s Style), 2003.
29. Glossary of Indian Percussion Instruments, 2003.
30. Teentaal, 2003.
31. Ektaal, 2003.
32. Dadra, 2003.
33. A series of articles published at PersianMirror.com
1. Fadjr Music Festival, Music Students Ensemble, Feb. 10th, 1988.
2. Fadjr Music Festival, Tonbak solo in Roudaki Hall in Tehran, Feb. 10th, 1991.
3. Fadjr Music Festival, Azerbaijani-Persian concert in Vahdat Hall in Tehran (Vocalist: Ostad Nasrollah Nasehpoor, Azerbaijani kamancheh player: Ostad Habil Aliev, Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour), Feb. 1992.
4. Azerbaijani-Persian concert in Assyrian Church in Tehran (Vocalist: Ostad Nasrollah Nasehpoor, Tar: Farokh Mazhari, Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour), Mar. 1992.
5. Tonbak solo in Delbari Hall of Shahid Beheshti Univ. in Tehran, Dec. 7th, 1992.
6. Tonbak solo in Molavi Hall of Shahid Beheshti Univ. in Tehran, Jan. 4th, 1993.
7. Tonbak solo in First Musicians Gathering of Semnan prov., in Semnan city, Jan. 4th, 1995.
8. Accompanying the famous Austrian storyteller, Mr. Folke Tegethof by santoor (Pooyan Nassehpoor) and tonbak (Peyman Nasehpour) in Austrian Cultural Institute in Tehran, Mar. 1998.
9. Tonbak solo and duet of santoor (Pooyan Nassehpoor) and tonbak in Austrian Cultural Institute in Tehran, Jun. 30th, 1998.
10. Concert in the 31st Iranian Mathematics Conference in Am-phi Theater of Faculty of Sciences, Tehran Univ. on the Occasion of the Year of Mathematics, Aug. 28th, 2000, Tar: Parham Nassehpoor, Santoor: Pooyan Nassehpoor, Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour.
11. Lecture-concert in Maktabkhane-ye-Mirza Abdollah Music School in Tehran. Lecture: Social Status of Tonbak Players, Concert: Tonbak Solo. Nov. 16th, 2000.
12. Lecture-concert in Auditorium of Carpet Museum in Tehran. Lecture: Ostad Nasrollah Nasehpoor Subject: Traveling in Persian Music, Yesterday and Today, Concert: Tonbak, Santoor & Tar by Peyman Nasehpour, Pooyan & Parham Nassehpoor. Feb. 12th, 2001, Fadjr Music Festival, The Year of Peace and Dialogue Among Civilizations.
13. Concert in Pasargadae Gallery in Tehran. Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour, Santoor: Pooyan Nassehpoor. Feb. 26th, 2001.
14. Concert in Austrian Cultural Institute in Tehran. Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour, Santoor: Pooyan Nassehpoor, Tar: Parham Nassehpoor. Final Program of the Exhibition of the Student Works of TU Wien and University of Tehran (X-Change Austria-Iran). May. 4th, 2001.
15. Concert in Art Culture House (Arasbaran) in Tehran. Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour, Setar: Massoud Shaari. Festival of Improvisation, Aug. 30th, 2001.
16. Concert in Iran Artists Network (Khane-ye-Honarmandan) in Tehran. Tonbak: Peyman Nasehpour, Announcer of the story Mosht bar Poust: Mrs. Masoureh Shoja’i, Organization: The Children’s Book Council of Iran, The Day of Houshang Moradi Kermani (Composer of Many Famous Stories Particularly, Mosht bar Poust), Sep. 19th, 2001.
17. Lecture-Concert Peyman Nasehpour, Lecture: Northern Indian Music (Hindustani Sangeet), Concert: Tonbak Solo Recital, Organized by Bureau of Cultural Affairs of the University of Sistan and Baluchistan in Zahedan city (with the help of Mr. Sayed Farid Khalifehloo and the other members) Nov. 9th, 2001.
18. Concert of Japanese Famous Songs and Persian Art Music, Performed by Parham Nassehpoor (Tar), Pooyan Nassehpoor (Santoor) and Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak), Farhang-Sara-ye-Niavaran, Organized by the Cultural Section of the Embassy of Japan, Nov. 16th, 2001.
19. Concert of Persian art music, Performed by Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak), Sahand Nasehpour (Tar) and Araz Nasehpoor (Kamancheh), Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Azad University, Dec. 24th, 2001.
20. Concert of Persian art music, Performed by Nassehpoor Ensemble, Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak), Pooyan Nassehpoor (Santoor) and Parham Nassehpoor (Tar), Khaneh-ye-Honarmandan-e-Iran, Feb. 21st and 22nd, 2002.
21. Concert of Persian art music, by Nassehpoor Ensemble, Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak), Pooyan Nassehpoor (Santoor) and Parham Nassehpoor (Tar), Austrian Cultural Forum in Tehran, Final Program of the Exhibition of the Student Works of TU Wien and Shahid Beheshti University (X-Change Austria-Iran), Mar. 15th, 2002.
22. Concert of Persian art music, by Nassehpoor Ensemble, Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak), Pooyan Nassehpoor (Santoor) and Parham Nassehpoor (Tar), Organized by IPM in a Workshop on Homological Methods in Commutative Algebra, Tehran, May 27th, 2002.
23. Lecture-Concert, Peyman Nasehpour, Lecture: Social Status of Tonbak Players, Concert: Tonbak Solo, Organized by Khaneh-ye-Kermanshah with the help of Dr. Zahra Gooya, Oct. 24th, 2002.
24. Concert of Persian art music by Peyman Nasehpour, Pooyan Nassehpoor and Parham Nassehpoor, Organized by IPM, Oct. 22rd, 2003.
25. Concert of Persian Classical Percussion Music in Rietberg Museum in Zurich by Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak, Ghaval & Daf Solo), Feb. 19th, Feb. 27th and Mar. 6th, 2004.
26. Concert and Workshops of Tonbak, Ghaval & Daf in Freistadt Percussion Festival in Austria by Peyman Nasehpour, May 7th & 8th, 2004.
27. Lecture-Concert in Ten-Days Workshops on Popularizing Mathematics, in Honar (Arasbaran) Culture-House, Tehran by Peyman Nasehpour, May 7th & 8th, 2004: Lecture: On music and mathematics, Concert: Tonbak solo.
28. Lecture/Concert, on Occasion of Research Week, with the help of Mrs. Maryam Gooya, Dec. 15th, 2004: Lecture: Lexical discussion about tonbak and related keywords, Concert: Tonbak solo.
29. Concert of Maestro Hasan Nahid (Ney) and Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak) for the respect ceremonies of the remembrance of the late Maestro Mahmoud Karimi (master of vocal radif). Organized by Iran House of Music with the help of Roudaki Foundation, in Vahdat Hall, Tehran, Dec. 29th, 2004.
30. Workshop and Concert of Peyman Nasehpour for “European Frame Drummers Meeting 2005″, Organized by Frame Drums Europe, in Barcelona/Spain, May 3rd, 2005.
31. Workshop and Concert of Peyman Nasehpour for “the Fourth Workshop on Computational Music Theory” to be held in Madrid/Spain July 24-28, 2006.
32. Workshop of Oriental Percussion by Peyman Nasehpour in Osnabrück, Germany, March 11, 2007.
33. Concert of Nassehpoor Ensemble (Peyman, Pooyan and Parham), Novalis Museum, Germany, May 4, 2007.
34. Concert of Nassehpoor Ensemble (Peyman, Pooyan and Parham), Musics of the World Festival in Aula, Martin Luther University, Halle an der Saale, Germany, June 17, 2007.
35. Concert of Parham and Peyman Nasehpour in Morgenland Festival 2007: “Die Nacht der Liebe” in Osnabrück, Germany, August 22, 2007.
36. Persian Percussion Workshop by Peyman Nasehpour (with the help of Mostafa H. Tehrani) for Morgenland Festival in Music Institute of University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule), Osnabrück, Germany, August 31, 2007.
37. World Family of Percussion Pack tour concert in Dortmund, Aachen, Frankfurt and Cologne, Germany, Sep. 2007.
38. Concert of Persian classical music by Maryam Akhondy and Barbad Ensemble (Farzin Darabi Far, tar, Peyman Nasehpour, tonbak and background vocalists: Nasi Shahin and Marjan Heravi), in Utrecht, Netherlands, Feb. 22, 2008.
39. Concert of Persian classical music by Maryam Akhondy (vocals), Farzin Darabi Far (tar), Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak) and Vocal Choir, in Ruhrtrienale 2008 Festival, in Duisburg, Germany, Aug. 29, 2008.
40. Concert of Persian classical music by Jamal Samawati (tar and setar) and Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak) and guest musicians, maestro Nasrollah Nassehpoor (vocals) and Parham Nassehpoor (kamancheh), Leipzig, Germany, Oct. 3, 2008.
41. Concert of Persian classical music by maestro Amir Sadeghi (Shahnameh Ferdowsi), Farzin Darabi Far (tar) and Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak), Mehregan Festival, in Arkadas Theatre, Cologne, Germany, Oct. 18, 2008.
42. Concert of Turkish folk music by Kemal Yildirim (vocal and davul) and Toprak Ensemble including Peyman Nasehpour (ghaval), Haus der Jugend, in Osnabrück, Germany, Nov. 7, 2008.
43. Concert of Gitti Khosravi Ensemble by Gitti Khosravi (opera singer), Naomi Yoshimura (piano), Dorothea Mader (flute), Susanne Hahn (chello) and Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak and ghaval), Teo Otto Theater, Remscheid, Germany, Nov. 14, 2008.
44. Concert of Hamid Motebassem and Farzin Darabi Far and their students, Peyman Nasehpour (guest musician), Internationales Zentrum, Cologne, Germany, Nov. 28, 2008.
45. Concert of Gitti Khosravi Ensemble by Gitti Khosravi (opera singer), Naomi Yoshimura (piano), Peyman Nasehpour (tonbak and ghaval), Kulturladen, Hamburg, Germany, Dec. 6, 2008.
46. Tour concert of “Mystery of Existence”, Farzin Darabi Far (Tar), Shahoo Andalibi (Ney, Divan & Daf), Mehrdad Nasehi (Kamancheh), Peyman Nasehpour (Tonbak, Ghaval & Daf), Kamran Yaghoobi (Tonbak), Hossein Baharbin (vocals) and (Mrs.) Bahar Modiri (Vocals) and Sasan Azodi (Barbat), Aachen and Cologne (Germany) and Rotterdam (Netherlands), Feb. 2008.
Lectures of Music and Mathematics in Sooreh University from Sep. 2001 to Sep. 2002.